[Gimp-user] entry point error message

hello,  I originally installed gimp 2.10.  But after finding out that
many of the youtube videos concern gimp 2.8 instead of 2.10 I down
loaded 2.8.  When I try to open it it will not let me and says The
procedure entry point inflateValidate could not be located in the
dynamic link library C:Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\libpng 16-16.dll.
Can anyone help me please?  Thanks

Anything to do with using a Windows TWAIN scanner?

see: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/1383

If not give details of what you are doing.

Generally:

It could be that there are files left over from installing Gimp 2.10 followed by
installing Gimp 2.8

Use Windows uninstall menu to uninstall Gimp (whatever version showing  - Gimp
2.8)

If there is C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ folder remaining delete it.

Make sure you are using the last Windows installer from gimp.org

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe

Reinstall Gimp 2.8 again using that version.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)