[Gimp-user] Missing menu File - Create - Scanner/Camera

Scanning directly into GIMP does not work on the Mac. Scan separately
and
import/open in GIMP.

That is definitely not true. I had Gimp 2.8 with High Sierra and it could use
USB and Networked scanners. Upgrading to 2.10 and now they are gone. So, I'm
using the scanners separately and importing the photos, but not happy about it
since an earlier version of Gimp was perfectly good at it...

--
KMcCMedia (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)