[Gimp-user] resizing image creates blurry image

Since 398 isn't an exact multiple of 28, it may help to crop it first
to 392 pixels by 392. Then scale down to 1/7th the size (56 x 56) and
use curves to make sure you still have contrast, then scale down 2x to
14x14 and sharpen.

Make sure the image is in 16bpp or 32bpp precision (assuming Gimp
2.10)
and RGB, not indexed.

Without seeing the original image it's hard to give better advice. The
images on the front of fromoldbooks.org are mostly scaled down with
Gimp in lohalo mode, often to between 1% and 3% of the original
height,
but at 200x300 pixels i have a chance of sme detail.

slave ankh

Thank you for the advice.  I'll try that.  Attached is the original image.  I've
also converted to svg as well to try and better handle the scaling.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1047/original/RageHi.png

--
firefly24 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)