[Gimp-user] opening a geotiff query

It's been a long time since I worked with geotiffs in Gimp, but my
experience was that it opens the file like any other tiff format, but
you lose all the metadata.  Though since you are exporting as bmp,
maybe that doesn't matter in this use case?  In my case I had
utilities
that could extract the metadata and then restore it into "normal" tiff
format files that I exported out of Gimp.

scott s.
.

Hi scott,

I'm needing to export to have a usable height map to import into 3d modeling
program therefore I would need also to extract the metadata and restore it into
a "normal" tiff.

What utilities did you use, if you can remember ?

Thanks

Calum

--
marbles (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)