[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.10 TIFF EXIF metadata stripped on Windows 10

Ok, fixed, but don't know what was causing the problem.

The metadata was being correctly imported & exported in tiff files on my Win 10
laptop running Gimp 2.10.0. On my Win 10 PC - also running Gimp 2.10.0 - the
metadata was getting stripped when loading a tiff file into Gimp.

I just uninstalled Gimp 2.10.0 & installed Gimp 2.10.2 on my PC and problem no
longer exists.

This is getting stranger...

I'm away from home right now, since last night, & using GIMP 2.10 on
my laptop - Win 10, once again. I can't reproduce the problem on this
machine. I thought it might be to do with the fact that the original
tiff files I was playing with on my desktop at home were Black &
White, but I just tried with B/W (and colour) tiffs from the same
photo scanner here on my laptop: all seems ok.

I'll have another look on my desktop machine when I get home next
week.

--
MartinFa (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)