[Gimp-user] Pressure to Size Dynamic Won't Work

Well how about that. That worked!

I tried that a few days ago and it didn't make any difference. I remember it
being in the default position (a straight, diagonal line from the bottom left to
the top right) and dragging it around to other places, none of which had any
effect. When I opened it today, the line was flat across the bottom. That must
be where I'd left it when I was experimenting. Moving it back to the default
position fixed my problem.

Looks like there are separate curves for all different combinations of
input/effect, which explains why other things were able to affect size. My guess
is that some other setting had been affecting my ability to use the pen
dynamics, and I changed that setting AFTER leaving the mapping curve for
pressure/size flat across the bottom, so that only pressure/size failed to work.
D'oh!

Thank you so much. I don't know if I ever would've figured that out!

What version of GIMP, for the record?

The interesting detail I see here is the Pressure option working with
dynamics OTHER THAN tool size.  Were the tablet pen not working at all
you'd expect everything associated with pen pressure to be not
functioning, right?

Hmm ... try going to your Dynamics Editor and change the display from
"Mapping matrix" to "Size"; check that you have a reasonable mapping
curve between input and output.  (Though if this were the problem then
NO input mapped to Size should be having any effect, right?)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com

flightymouse (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)