Re: [Gimp-user] Layer bug (2.10)

Le 18/05/2018 à 11:14, Partha Bagchi a écrit :

    <http://partha.com> and I'd be
     >> interested if somebody else has the same problem on other platforms.
     >>

     > No such problem in my 2.10... Tried in both 8-bit gamma and
    32-bit float
     > linear... Size of image? Mode/precision? OS? Specific build?

    Size of image: any
    mode: 8 bits
    OS/build: already given in my initial post (MacOS/partha.com
    <http://partha.com>), but your
    OS is not mentionned...

François,

Go into your Preferences and change the number of threads to 1. Older MacOS are not able to handle the number of threads > 1. If you upgrade to High Sierra then you can change it back to 4 or 8 or whatever the default is.

Hi Partha.
My macbook pro is recent (< 6 months) and I use the very last OS (High Sierra 10.13.4), but nevertheless it works with 1 thread. I have tried 2 and 4 threads (the default), with or without OpenCL, and it crashes.

Thanks for all (especially your builds). Maybe it is a bug to address with high priority. 2.8 was ok in multithread.

--
F.J.