[Gimp-user] Transparent gifs?

Heya everyone! I'm totally new here so sorry if this is in the wrong
place but I need some heeeelp! You should know that I'm very, very new
at image manipulation so please explain things to me as if I'm a
toddler <3!

So I'm trying to animate a gif using GIMP.

I have a circle with a little drawing inside, everything else is
transparent. I have several of these that I want to cycle through but
obviously when I layer them on top of each other, because of the
transparency, all the layers below show through.

Is there any way for me to keep the transparency, so that when I post
the image online I won't have an ugly, white  background while also
cycling through each image correctly?

I've attached two images to give you a better idea of what I'm
currently seeing! Thanks so much for everyone's help and again, sorry
if this is the wrong place to post this!

When posing questions like this, a screenshot showing layers is always
advisable.

Best guess. Is this for an animation?

If it is, then when exporting as an animated gif, choose the options

One frame per layer

Use disposal entered above for all frames.

Then when the animation plays in your browser or player you get one frame at a
time as inset in screenshot.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/915/original/animation.jpg