Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10 and exif-information

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 10:11:32PM +0100, Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list wrote> I've edited EXIF information
in a png created from gimp-2.{8,9}
after importing from {,n}ufraw, using Image::ExifTool in a bash script
to add and remove fields.

I do not want to use ExifTool in this case.  My problem is that I open
an image with a lot of exif-information in Gimp and when Gimp exports
it, those information is lost.  How can I prevent Gimp from doing it?

My current process re-reads EXIF data from
the camera's own jpeg.

I do not take photos in jpeg.  Work with raw mostly with Darktable but
there are time when I want to edit a photo in Gimp.

Not sure platform you are working on, but perhaps you can do
something similar.  And in general things change over 12 years!

It seems that the information about Gimp not giving back the
Exif-information has not changed that much in 12 year... :(

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4699(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

     "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman
      that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the
      word of truth."              II Timothy 2:15