[Gimp-user] Batch crop multiple scanned images

Hello,

I'm a noob here so go easy on me. I have scanned hundreds of old family
pictures which vary from 3-4 images on each scan. I was hoping to save time
and money by learning how to batch crop them, however for some reason GIMP
isn't managing it.

All I get when trying to crop a scan of photos is one random section of one
of the pictures. I have tried adjusting all the setting but to no avail.
This includes the manual/background colour. Whatever I seem to do, I get
get the same result. When the program is working, I can see it manages to
identify the three photographs on the one page, but it doesn't cut them out
and I'm left with one random cut. It's extremely frustrating as I feel I'm
on the cusp of making it work but I can't figure it out!

Please help me before I injure myself. I'm using GIMP 2.20 on Windows 10.
Thank you in advance.