[Gimp-user] Can't browse directories in GIMP 2.10

Although Gimp 2.10 uninstalls Gimp 2.8 there are parts left behind.
The Gimp 2.8 profile remains and if any third-party plugins/add-ons
were added in the past to the main Gimp 2.8 installation, they will
remain.

What you can try is:

1. Use the windows uninstaller to uninstall Gimp 2.10

2. If any of C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ remains delete it.

3. Disable the Gimp 2.8 profile, rename or move out to a backup
folder.

4. Now install Gimp 2.10, run it to make a default Gimp 2.10 profile.

If that does not work then consider a different Gimp 2.10 package,
maybe the one from www.partha.com

Thank you. I tried that but it didn't work so I downloaded the portable version
from www.partha.com. It works very well I can browse through my hard drives so I
will keep using that.

Thanks a lot for the help!

--