[Gimp-user] Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool

As far as I know there is no 'exit-text-tool' shortcut.

What you can do is set a shortcut yourself, starting with ctrl or alt.
Decide which tool you most often go to after text.

Example: as easy-to-remember, replace p with ctrl-p for the paint
tool.

I am sure you already know the procedure but for the record

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

Thanks so much Rich. I think the biggest part is me getting used to GIMP and
stopping myself while using the text tool to be very careful about hitting
shortcut keys like Z for zoom and find that I have a Z in my text. In fact I
should simply use the mouse to hit the zoom tool or I can program a shortcut
like you suggested if it keeps coming up, Have a great Easter!

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)