[Gimp-user] Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool

Is there a Keyboard shortcut to deselect Text Tool? When working with
the Text tool at times I want to hit a keyboard shortcut to change
tools and then that gets inputted as text in the text box that is
open. Is moving the mouse to another tool and selecting it the only
way around this?

As far as I know there is no 'exit-text-tool' shortcut.

What you can do is set a shortcut yourself, starting with ctrl or alt.  Decide
which tool you most often go to after text.

Example: as easy-to-remember, replace p with ctrl-p for the paint tool.

I am sure you already know the procedure but for the record

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)