[Gimp-user] Best way to fix background pic so text is readable

That is so horrible, too small, full of jpeg artifacts, best advice is
find a better image.

Hope you are not trying to print that

However, since it is so small, dive in with a one pixel brush, use a
light colour, paint out the dark areas. Then use black and try and
touch up the text (such as it is)

I just made a snipping tool screen copy of it. that's not the real image, which
is 300 dpi. Can I point to the whitish rock color and match that color? So would
I need to touch up the black text if I was careful not to accidentally color it?

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)