[Gimp-user] Is there anything like PS actions for GIMP?

I hate PS...I get lost every time I try to learn it , but having all of my
choices saved to one button is really really nice.  Is there anything like that
for GIMP? I see a Template button, but not sure if that's what im looking for .
Right now, when I edit my screenshots for my story, i use contrast, sharpen and
soft glo.  I have my contrast settings saved but It would be nice if I could
save everything I do to one button.

I am still very much a beginner with GIMP and have never used scripts or
anything like that.  Im sure I haven't touched on most of the things your can
do, so if its a simple answer, be gentle!!

Thanks in advance.

--
Selarono (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)