[Gimp-user] GIMP transformation selection

That reads like a mixture of operations.

Drag and drop a text layer that has been transformed some way. Try and
edit brings up a message offering choices of reverting back to
original text in different forms.

It is in here:
https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-text-management.html

A new layer "floating selection" top of layer stack would result from
a copy-paste. You need to either anchor the layer or promote that to a
new layer in order to proceed

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-layer-anchor.html
Snags moving transformed text layers from one image to another.

You only get the original untransformed text back, wrong size, wrong
position. Up to you to fix that. You can use a flattened scaled
version of the small image as a template.

If the file comes from another Gimp in another machine, the font might
not exist on your installation. What happens then, Gimp will use the
default (usually 'sans') font. There are ways of finding the original
font using a plug-in.

This forum is hard going. Just the first bit explanation on moving
transformed text needs several screenshots. Sorry but needs a quick
video how-to

https://youtu.be/DN6cmvTR0aY  4 and a bit minutes check that and come
back with problems.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

As usual you have great understanding of this issue too. I'll study these links
to learn more, but I'm very glad i simply used undo or delete to get rid of that
since it looks like I opened a can of worms.

I've completed my CD label and panels and since I don't have that Transformation
Selection in the labels view, it looks like I'm free from worrying about it.

Thanks for all your great help,

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)