[Gimp-user] GIMP transformation selection

After editing a text layer that had been imported by dragging a layer from one
project to another, i got a window that explained i was trying to edit something
that was imported and if i did, i'd lose the edit. I had 3 choices - edit,
discard changes, or cancel

i think i chose cancel and then got a new layer at the top of the layer view
called transformation selection. It seemed i couldn't select any other layers in
the layers view after that

i ended up using undo to go back to where i was before. Later it happened again
and the undo history didn't go back far enough to get rid of it. I then selected
transformation selection. And hit delete. I then deleted the color background
layer that was causing this and redid that layer without importing

this whole episode happened very fast so i may not be remembering everything
correctly, so if any of this sounds familiar, maybe you can give me a clue what
happened. My theory is it had something to do with me trying to import layers to
my 300ppi project from my previous project that was 100ppi

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)