[Gimp-user] Image luminosity

Hi,

I am brand new to GIMP and am trying to statistically match 2 picture
sets on brightness, contrast, and luminosity for a psychology research
study. I've done a ton of online searching and figured out how to find
values for brightness and contrast. Using the histogram, I used the
mean of the "Value" channel to determine each picture's brightness,
and the standard deviation of the "RGB" channel to identify contrast.

However, I am at a standstill for extracting values for each image's
luminosity. Please let me know if you're aware of how I may go about
this. I know spatial frequency can be used, but am unable to locate
the value for each image in GIMP.

Thanks!
Will

You might get an answer here, or you might not.

My advice, ask the same question on https://discuss.pixls.us/ lots of clever
people there.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)