[Gimp-user] Trouble selecting and moving text

Just the way Gimp handles layers, something to get used to.

1. With the text tool active and in the active text layer, hold the
ctrl & alt keys down, click and drag the text layer. see screenshot 01

2. Generally moving any layer using the move tool.

Gimp looks for the first solid pixel and moves the layer where it
finds it. You can see the active layer temporarily move if you click
on transparency in the layer you are working on. This can be very
useful, saving time actively moving between layers.

Of course, lots of transparency in text layers, so with the move tool
active, enable Move-the active-layer in the tool options. Click and
drag the layer around. see screenshot 02

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Great info, Rich. I tried ti all and it works perfectly. You're right no quirk,
just the way GIMP works. This is a treasure trove of good info for me. I was
wondering why it was so quirky, now I understand the really great features GIMP
has . Very clear explanation. The screenshots really help also.

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)