[Gimp-user] Tips and Tricks for a new user

HI!
I am completely new in photo modification and do have a couple of questions
regarding gimp. I really would appreciate any help and/or tips.

I would like to print out a photo (which will be modified with gimp) in a large
size, possibly 1000mmx400mm. Is this possible and how do I make sure I get a
good quality print?
Photo has been shot in RAW format, but could make the photo again as a "normal"
photo.

Thank you for your help!

--
Ha2000 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)