[Gimp-user] Missing QuickMask button

Using V2.10.2 portable from Partha's site I still have the Quick Mask button -
its a small square outline below the vertical ruler and to the left of the
horizontal scroll bar. Mousing over it shows "Toggle Quick Mask on/off Shift-Q".

Clicking in the square or pressing Shift-Q does indeed turn the Quick Mask on or
off.

Hello,

My GIMP seems to be missing the QuickMask button in the lower left
corner. I can't seem to find an option to enable it again. When I
search Google, I can only find tutorials on using the QuickMask. I
tried installing the latest version (2.10.2), but the setting(?) was
preserved. I hope it's a quick and easy fix. If necessary, I can
uninstall while deleting preferences, and reinstall. I just thought
maybe it was a checkbox somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Audio

--