[Gimp-user] Drawing and text not working

I just installed the newest version of GIMP on my Windows 10 computer.
When I draw with a brush, pencil, pen, etc, as I am dragging my mouse
there is no visual representation of the line I am making. Only when I
release the button on my mouse after reaching the end point of the
line, the entire line appears all at once.

I remember your post from elsewhere. It is probably a unique issue with your
installation.

Have you tried a different compilation of Gimp 2.10.2 The one from Partha
www.partha.com was released yesterday. 64 bit only.

Also, when I make a text
box, at first the box does not appear. I will drag the mouse to create
a text box and nothing happens, but when I type some text, suddenly
the box appears. Also the box does not have the same appearance as I
have seen in online tutorials, where on each corner of the box there
is a square for you to drag and change the shape of the box.

The shape of the text box is a little different from earlier versions of Gimp.
By request the large 'handles' are now much smaller

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)