Re: [Gimp-user] Let's discuss about the text tool

On 18-07-11 11:17:06, Owen wrote:

I think it is unreasonable to expect gimp to be a full blown font editor.

Why not try your corrections in say Scribus?

Anything with more than a paragraph or so needs Scribus. Even stuff like invites and posters are easier in there.

A tip that might help (although probably people already know this..):

The GIMP text tool had been driving me up the f***ing wall for years. I just couldn't get text to stay consistent when editing it.

Then I realised the real trick is to use the tool options in the dock and try to avoid the floating bar if at all possible. Makes life a lot easier in the long run.