Re: [Gimp-user] Error message when running GIMP

On 2018-01-17 04:54 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
I've noticed lately a string of error messages everytime I start GIMP.
[snip]
(gimp:24972): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
GIMP-Error: Plug-in "script-fu"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/script-fu)
attempted to register the menu item "<Image>/File/Create/FX-Foundry/Logos" for procedure "script-fu-blood-logo". The menu label given in gimp_install_procedure() already contained a path. To make this work, pass just the menu's label to gimp_install_procedure().

You have some old Script-Fu scripts in your installation of GIMP. The script-fu-register block should only provide the name of the script and the menu entry used to run the script. Where the menu entry is to appear (ie. the path to it) is given in a script-fu-menu-register block.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.