Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP app won't open on my Mac

Is this a gatekeep issue? If so [first run only] right click on Gimp.app and open from context menu...

---- On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 13:22:04 +0000 Shlomi Fish <shlomif shlomifish org> wrote ----

Hi James,

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 11:58:35 +0000 (UTC)
James Paterson via gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list gnome org> wrote:

> Does anyone know if I can open GIMP on a Mac running OS X 10.9.5?
> I just get a message saying that it cannot be opened, but not telling me why.

Can you try running GIMP from the command-line/terminal/console window? What
happens when you run it under a debugger such as gdb or LLDB?