[Gimp-user] setting the cms in GIMP using a ruler in the photo

Hi All,

Apologies, I am new to GIMP - I am trying to figure out if there is a way to
scale the image in GIMP using a ruler that is in the image. I have taken photos
of a number of different fungi in the field and now I need to measure their
size. In each photo there is a ruler (that goes both horizontally & vertically)
in cm - so basically what I want is a way to tell GIMP that this part of the
image is 1cm in size. Is this possible to do?

Thanks, Sam

--
Samkdawson (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)