[Gimp-user] How many people use g'mic?

I came to the forum today because I use Linux Mint and cannot seem to
get GMIC working with 2.10, so I'm stuck on  2.8. That's how much I
love the GMIC. :)

My advice, ask the question on one of those other forums where it is easier to
give comprehensive advice than using this mailing list format.

However, This using a Ubuntu 18.10 (VM) Gimp 2.10.8 from ppa and gmic_gimp_qt
from www.gmic.eu Can't be a million miles from your Mint installation.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rt4JraK.jpg[/img]

Not working? It might just be some missing QT dependencies?

or

Using maybe a flatpak Gimp 2.10? No QT support in this. I can get an old GTK
version of gmic working but only because I am keen.

An alternative for linux is an appimage. The latest come with gmic installed.
You are dependent on what the appimage maintainer gives you.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)