[Gimp-user] Why jpg files created by gimp can't be edited and saved with microsoft photo?

I edited some photos with GIMP 2.10.6 and exported them as jpg files.
Then I wanted to do some quick edits of the exported jpg files with
Microsoft Photo (Windows 10 operating system).  When I attempt to save
my changes (or a copy of the changes) the following message is
displayed:
"Oops! We couldn't save that one."

I thought perhaps my Microsoft Photo App was corrupt, so I ran the
repair and reset commands under Microsoft Photo App settings and
neither helped.

When I attempt to edit and save jpg files that were not created with
GIMP, Microsoft Photo works fine (note these files are in the same
folder as the GIMP exported jpg).  So the problem is unique to those
jpg files created with GIMP.

When I right clicked on the jpg files created with GIMP and selected
properties, I noticed in the "General Tab" the following option was
unchecked:
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help
protect this computer __ Unblock".
So I checked the "Unblock" box and hit "Apply" then "OK".  However
this didn't help.  Still unable to save it in Microsoft Photo.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Why is this happening and
what can I do to fix it?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The same is happening to me. I just got a new laptop and downloaded GIMP (the
newest version that I don't like). I get the exact same error message when
trying to edit a GIMP exported photo using the Photo apps.

Did you get to fix it?
Can anyone please provide a solution?

Thank you so much in advance.

--