Hi All

Thanks for all the help. That cracked it.

Rich

---
Kind Regards
This message was brought to you by the numbers 0 and 1.
https://gwyls.co.uk/
https://gwyls.co.uk/rich-blog/

On 2018-12-06 11:50, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list wrote:
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:13 PM Richard Brown wrote:

Hi All

I am trying to convert a jpg to png. I want to remove the background
colour. My usual method of doing this to Colour to Alpha but the
selection is greyed out.

It means there is no alpha channel in the image (it's a JPEG, after all).

Depending on your typical workflow, you can go for one of the two options:

1. Right-click on the layer in the Layers dock, choose 'Add Alpha Channel'.

2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Image Import & Export, enable the 'Add an
alpha channel to imported images' checkbox. Then all newly opened
JPEG/TIFF/etc. files will have an alpha channel added.

When I open the jpg it asks me whether I want
to convert to RGB working space. It has a colour profile embedded in. Is
it possible to remove this or convert the image to png in a different
way please? Thanks

Remove what "this"? Different how?

Alex