Re: [Gimp-user] jpeg files not recognised

On 08/22/18 02:21, Punchcard wrote:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Gimp 2.10.4 and 2.10.6

I saw the same issue today (21 August 2018.
Uninstalling and cleaning out leftover files removed the issue.  I also deleted
gimp entries in the registry.
Apologies: I didn't try to figure out which dile or registry entry is the
culprit.

Gimp doesn't use the registry. The Gimp profile(*) contains a "pluginrc" file that configures all the plugins that Gimp found on startup. In case of trouble you can check that one (or at least make a copy for someone in the know)

(*) http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/