Re: [Gimp-user] Invisable Text

On Sat, 2018-08-11 at 08:20 -0700, Bill Vance wrote:

Howdy;

I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 here, on an amd64 box, and just
upgraded to gimp 2.8.22.  When I try to add text to a
picture, nothing happens.

Use the text tool to draw a large rectangle. Make sure that the text
colour in Tool Options contrasts with the background. Make sure that
the text layer is uppermost. Check that the font size in tool options
is plausible, as is the choice of font. Do not play with the on-canvas
text options at all during this process, use only the Tool Options
dock.

After typing some text check in the lyers dock that the text layer is
on top and has layer mode Normal.

Liam

Click here to have the slave whipped with spaghetti.