[Gimp-user] Help with motif used as 'brush' - how to drop & anchor them?

Can anyone please help me? I've just started learning Gimp 2.10.4 for
fabric design. I successfully isolated a design motif (a seashell) and
saved it as a brush, hoping, using track direction, to drop this motif in
several places around my design (with the option to alter its size). I
can't seem to get a motif to 'drop' and stay in place with a mouse click.
The tutorial I am following seems to show this working really well just
with a left mouse click, but it won't work for me. How can I do this
please, so I can 'drop' many seashells across my design?  THANK YOU!