Re: [Gimp-user] Sinc (Lanczos3) Option

On 08/05/18 20:13, Lisa D. via gimp-user-list wrote:
Hi! I would like to stretch/resize an image without distorting it. I
downloaded GIMP 2.10.4 but was not able to do this with this version of
GIMP. After a few google searches, I found an article stating that you need
GIMP 2.4 to do this because you need to use the “Sinc (Lanczos3)” option
under Quality>Interpolation in the Scale Image dialog. I checked the
version I have and, lo and behold, 2.10.4 does not seem to have this
option.

No need to go as far back as 2.4, Sinc/Lanczos is available in Gimp 2.8.

But like others, I wonder why Sinc/Lanczos is required, other interpolations work just as well, if not better. There is a lot of bad or outdated information out there...