Re: [Gimp-user] Sample of light theme requested

Hey thanks Jehan, much appreciated!
Rick S.

From: Jehan Pagès
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:59 PM
To: Rick Strong
Cc: GIMP User List
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Sample of light theme requested

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Rick Strong <rnstrong primus ca> wrote:

  Hello list,

  Can anybody send me a screenshot of the 2.10.0 CR2 theme “Light” and some samples of the icon themes? The
screenshots in the recent news clippings weren’t big enough to make a decision on upgrading when the time
comes.

  I have a small recently-acquired vision problem so I have been using GIMP 2.8.16 with the Color-32 theme
very successfully. Trendy though it may be, grey type on a grey background doesn’t work well for me.

  I can appreciate that turning the foreground GUI colors to black and the background colors to white (or
vice-versa, as required) is probably a big job but I think a fair number of GIMP users with some level of
vision difficulty would appreciate it.

There are several themes settable in Preferences, and one of them is called "System", which is basically the
default light theme of the toolkit, same as it was in 2.8.

As for icon themes, there is a "Color" icon theme, as well as the old icon theme from 2.8 (called "Legacy").

So whatever the vision difficulty is, if GIMP 2.8 was ok for you, you can always revert to the same themes as
2.8. Then it should be ok. :-)

Have fun!

Jehan

  Any help would be appreciated.