Re: [Gimp-user] 'critical error' running luminosity mask script

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 02:35:22PM -0700, Casey Connor wrote:
Thanks --

starting the gimp from a term gives a series of failed assertions

Hmmm, all I got in stdout was

*WARNING* missing babl fast path(s): "R'G'B'A u8" to "B' u8"
*WARNING* missing babl fast path(s): "R'G'B'A u8" to "A u8"

...but anyway yeah I saw those failed assertions in the debug dialog, too.

I'll guess they are on stderr.

I don't find any quick ref guides to updating scripts to work with 2.10...
any pointers to docs online re: what to look out for?

-c

You said you had edited the script - did you not use the script-fu
console and its included help for that ?  It's some months since I
last had to do that, I'm rusty on the details.

And I doubt there will be any quick guides before 2.10 is released.
Things change during development.  For example, one script I used in
2.9.6 gave a lot of warnings - but in RC1 it appeared to work ok
without producing any warnings.

More generally: everyone who uses external scripts will need to test
them to see if they still work.

ĸen