Re: [Gimp-user] The GIMP opens in superuser mode

On 04/03/2018 01:47 PM, Leslie Katz wrote:
Apologies. I couldn't figure out how to reply directly to my own earlier
message, so I'm doing so by a fresh post with the same title as my
original post, in case anyone should be helped by my reply.

The GIMP says in its title bar that it's running in superuser mode, but
I've now found that it really isn't. Its wrongly saying so is a function
of its having been installed through flatpak.

Leslie

Wow, that's kind of scary.  If any doubt remains, I would try to save an
XCF file in a directory users can't write to, say /dev, and see what
happens.

It /should/ be impossible for a program opened by a 'regular' user to
run in superuser mode, unless the regular user enters the root password.
 It that can be done, it means the whole operating system is compromised
and needs reinstalled yesterday if not sooner.

:o)