Re: [Gimp-user] The GIMP opens in superuser mode

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Leslie Katz <lesliek mymts net> wrote:

Apologies. I couldn't figure out how to reply directly to my own earlier
message, so I'm doing so by a fresh post with the same title as my original
post, in case anyone should be helped by my reply.

The GIMP says in its title bar that it's running in superuser mode, but
I've now found that it really isn't. Its wrongly saying so is a function of
its having been installed through flatpak.

I saw in your other email that you use Ubuntu. Is it a feature of Ubuntu to
tell when a software is run as superuser?
In any case, I have no idea about this issue. Does that say the same thing
with other flatpak-installed software or only GIMP?

Jehan

Leslie

--

Leslie Katz

email: lesliek [at] mymts [dot] net

Please visit http://ssrn.com/author=1164057 to find hyperlinks

to papers that I’ve written on literary and legal topics