[Gimp-user] Adding threshold to guillotine?

Hello gimp friends,

While I am not new to Gimp (I think I first downloaded it in 2002 or
something?!), I am new to not doing things like an idiot.

I am scanning card art for a board game I am making, and I simply
want to eliminate noise from the guillotine tool's output. There is a
popular scan separator that doesn't quite do what I want, you have to
go in and cut out all the negative space to make it true white.

I use guides for correcting crooked scans and eliminating space. I
know there must be a simple Guillotine with Threshold or eliminate
size /= X sort  of script out there somewhere, I just can't seem to
find it. Right now, guillotine creates dozens of tiny images of no
value and then 9 images I want.

Could someone point me in the right direction? You are welcome to tell
me that I am doing this wrong as well and that there are better
solutions. I like learning! :)

I greatly appreciate your help.

Guessing you tried divide-scanned-images script. Best I got was 4 cards.

You might be able to do it using the Gimp g'mic plugin - the extract object
filter.

Draw in lines rather than set guides.

A 2 minute demo https://youtu.be/fQ6zTxDOmaA

A bit of care and I think you could get a decent result.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)