Re: [Gimp-user] Copy text layers as text or python script to mass generate text layers

On 9/25/2017 8:36 PM, Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but why do you not just drag-n-drop the desired layer to the new image?
I just File->New 'd two images, created a text layer in one, and drag-n-drop 'd it into the other.
The first image's layer was intact, and the second image now had a new layer that was a duplicate of

the first image's layer - was definitely a text layer, as I was able to then text-edit it.

That never occurred to me -- I'll try it asap.