[Gimp-user] Newbie - How do I get file menu to display?

Sorry for a newbie question. I just now downloaded the current version
of Gimp for Windows and started it up.

There is no file menu showing. How do I get it to show on my screen?

Feeling really lost.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You will have to give more information. Which version of Windows and where did
you get the Gimp installer?

When Gimp 2.8 is first run, it is in a 3 window mode. Do you have 3 windows
showing? Sometimes if a laptop with external monitor is used, one window is on
laptop, others on monitor.

I posted a few videos on Gimp installation and setup. Very short, only a couple
of minutes. Have a look and see if you varied from the procedure anywhere, might
help track down the problem.

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gimp-Installation

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)