Re: [Gimp-user] no pressure sensitivity on surface pro 4

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:46 AM, jason kolano <elcaptaingomez gmail com> wrote:
Hi there.  I have no pressure sensitivity when digital painting in gimp on my surface pro 4.  I went over
it for days with their tech support until finally they said it has to be a problem with the gimp and to get
a hold of you guys.  I think this is a super important issue as pressure sensitivity is the whole reason
digital painting is fun.

I assume you use it with the default Windows OS?
GTK+ (hence GIMP) supports tablet features (such as pressure
sensitivity) through Wintab drivers. After a small search, it appears
that there are Wintab drivers for the Surface Pro 4 but they are
optional (hence not installed by default, I guess). This page on
Microsoft website has the drivers for download:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498
I would suggest to try and install these, then try GIMP again.
Regards,

Jehan

Thanks!
Jason