Re: [Gimp-user] Compatibility with PS?

On Oct 29, 2017, at 2:49 PM, Jeffry Killen <jekillen prodigy net> wrote:

Hello;

I have been using Photoshop for some time now and am
relying on an old CS4 suite on Mac OSX. Lately the
machine that I have it installed on is going haywire.
I don't know if it is hardware (possibly trackpad on Macbook Pro)
or software, or both. But because of the cost of upgrades I have
not been upgrading.

SO, I am coming back to Gimp which I have tried in the past.

The question: (maybe a dumb one, probably no): can Gimp open photoshop
files?

I use photo editing software to process raw images from digital camera and
to do for print layouts, and for display in web content.

(does anyone know of a good opened source cad program that does 3D modeling and rendering,
and animation, as well as blue print generation, beside Blender? --)

Thank you for time and attention
Jeff K

I found my answer in the manual. I should have done that first.

Will Gimp open ps files: yes (which versions and what aspects are retained?)

Thanks for time and attention
Jeff K