[Gimp-user] Brush resize via mouse wheel is fail on Microsoft OS

Hey y'all,

I'm thinking about filing a bug report on this, as I don't find it on
the tracker.  Does anyone know if it's already a known issue?

I use a small set of VBR brushes, with the GIMP configured to resize
them in response to Alt-Scroll, where scrolling the mouse wheel makes
the brush larger or smaller; and I configure Ctrl-Alt-Scroll to adjust
brush hardness up and down.  This functionality is a huge part of my
workflow, especially when editing photographs. I rarely use any other
brushes.

Recent GIMP versions in the Debian related repos have all done this as
expected, but I recently set up the latest stable GIMP for Windows on a
Windows 10 workstation, and these commands are a no-go there:  A
notification in the status bar indicates the VBR brushes are being
resized when I do the thing, but the brush size on canvas does not
actually change.  Keyboard + mouse wheel also fails to change VBR brush
hardness.

The things that don't work are described here:

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-using-variable-size-brush.html

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17876-changing-the-brush-sizes

I will note down the details - OS and GIMP versions etc. - next time I
am at the office where the computer in question lives, and file a bug
report.  Unless somebody already has by then.

:o/