[Gimp-user] GIMP name, icon and general graphic look

Hi all,
I am testing new 2.9 snapshots and finally found a very nice evolution of
this great piece of software.
I hope GIMP 2.10 can be released quickly and same for following releases.

Nevertheless I have a general concern about the software appearance.
In order to make GIMP looking more 'professional' I think it needs some
works.

1. NAME - Discussion about a name change must be avoided. I agree with the
developer and many users: a so long well known name must remain unchanged.
GIMP has its own meaning and - more important - is worldwide
recognized/used.

2. ICON - I do not like GIMP icon. I think GIMP should have a new icon
containing the letter 'G'. The 'G' icon will be more modern, identifiable,
and will integrate better in modern flat/minimal desktop environment.

3. SPLASH - It could sound strange but splash is incredibly attractive for
a lot of users and - in any case - it is the software intro. I think GIMP
needs a more professional/modern/abstract splash. Moreover please keep away
Wilber and put the 'G' icon instead. Background could be a nice
photograph/graphic (GIMP is an IMAGE manipulation tool). Maybe a
competition among users could be organized in order to choose the image for
the next GIMP release...

4. UI - I think Wilber should disappear from GIMP GUI (error/messages
windows, etc.) and new modern icons to be used.

Wilber, in particular, should remain as the GIMP mascot, nothing else.
Like KDE Konqi, the mascot appears on the website, etc. but its role is
always clear: it is a mascot and is never used in the UI where clear and
minimal icons are used instead.

What do you think about this dress change?
Thank you,
Maurizio