[Gimp-user] Export inconsistencies

Using Gimp 2.9.7 so some version of linux?

I think your problem is in the color management & the color profile
for the image.

As an example the screenshot where the right side is using a
ColorMatch icc profile.

All are in 32 bit linear floating point precision which might be part
of the problem. Is 16 bit not sufficient?

My advice go to https://discuss.pixls.us/ and state the issue there.
Full of people who only use Gimp 2.9.x with Darktable/Rawthereapee

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thanks for the reply.  Like most of us, I have lived with 8 bit for a long time.
This photo is from a collection of work-related images, nothing precious.  When
I updated my Ubuntu to 17.10, I re-installed Gimp, this time version 2.9.7.  It
came with Darktable as a plug-in to open RAW photos.  I find 2.9.7 a delight,
and have successfully processed some important (to me) photos using that
application.  Generally, I have only used Darktable as a plug-in, opening the
RAW file and exporting immediately to GIMP.  I never paid attention to what bit
rate was being used.

The only difference in my workflow with regard to the referenced photo was that
I used it (and others in that set) to acquaint myself more thoroughly with
Darktable.  Most of the processing was performed using Darktable, Gimp serving
only as a route by which I could export the Darktable file and convert to TIFF.

I will follow your advice and post at pixls for more advice.

Thanks, again.

Caruso

--
Carusoswi (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)