[Gimp-user] Export inconsistencies

Follow the attached link to view samples of photos that I shot on my
Sony A700, opened in Gimp 2.9.7 via darktable, then saved via gimp
first to xcf, then to tiff format.

When editing these photos, my laptop display showed them as normal
photo files.  However, when I Exorted them as .tiff, the results are
inconsistent.  The first photo returned an image that seems to be a
dim, monochromatic version of what I tried to import.  The second
image appears normal.

What am I doing wrong?

Using Gimp 2.9.7 so some version of linux?

I think your problem is in the color management & the color profile for the
image.

As an example the screenshot where the right side is using a ColorMatch icc
profile.

All are in 32 bit linear floating point precision which might be part of the
problem. Is 16 bit not sufficient?

My advice go to https://discuss.pixls.us/ and state the issue there. Full of
people who only use Gimp 2.9.x with Darktable/Rawthereapee

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/745/original/profiles.jpg

--