[Gimp-user] Using the Gradient tool

I think you should go for the development version of Gimp currently
2.9.5

Easiest way for that in linux is Ubuntu (or derivative such as Mint)
where Gimp 2.9.5 can be installed via a ppa see:

https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp-edge

The advantage is most of the tools are previewed on the canvas in use.
So for the gradient tool, using transparent to white, radial mode and
a suitable offset you can check if any vignette remains before
committing the gradient.

example: http://i.imgur.com/VzDd7cS.jpg isolated half with a selection
for comparison purpose.

Still using Windows? try www.partha.com

Thanks Rich.  I did find the solution.  It was starring me in the face the whole
time.  I'm usually under a crunch for time, so I need to find an editor, and I
think GIMP will do.
All I really do to these images is barely tweak exposure, gradient white to
transparent and save to PSD files for the layout person.  I sharpen them with a
PS batch file, then throw them on the network for her.

--
SayCheeze (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)