Re: [Gimp-user] Question About Recreating a Drop Shadow

On 05/09/2017 05:16 PM, Amber Sunder wrote:
My apologies - I should have included a photo in my initial inquiry!
Thank you for your response! Below is what I'm trying to edit. It is
currently 'TheMusician' with the drop shadow you see there. I need to
reproduce that exact drop shadow when we change the title of this
particular document to 'TheArtist.' There are several pages in the
document this is a part of, and every page's title has this exact drop
shadow, so when I change it to 'TheArtist,' it needs to be exactly the
same. I just wish there was a way to see the settings she used to create
it so I can input those same values to the drop shadow I need to apply
to 'TheArtist' so it's exactly the same. Layer Group #2 is what contains
this title and drop shadow.

Aha!

I see a black text layer, and under that, the same text layer in white
(light gray actually), and under that, a thin but normal "shadow" layer
made as described in my previous post, with the lower two layers offset
to produce the effect.

See attached:  A low resolution approximation of the same drop shadow
effect.  If you have the original font, this example and my post re
making drop shadows by hand should be all you need to get as close to
"exact" as you need.

As this is a "logo" I suggest making a large high resolution "master"
that can be used in lots of applications (after scaling and tweaking).
Ideally it might be duplicated in Inkscape or another vector edior;
then, it could be scaled to any size and exported in any common image
format as required, quickly and easily.

:o)