Re: [Gimp-user] Question About Recreating a Drop Shadow

On 2017-05-09 02:40 PM, Amber Sunder wrote:
I'm new to using GIMP and am trying to edit the work of the person in my
position previous to me. She used a drop shadow on the title of the page
[snip]
This isn't your normal drop shadow, so I'm not sure how she created it!
[snip]
this particular document was created using GIMP

GIMP includes a filter to add drop shadow to an item. There are (or were) some filters let you create text with a drop shadow.

You said the drop shadow on the image you are dealing with is not "normal". What is different about it? If the image was created by GIMP it may be slightly different than a drop shadow created by Photoshop (or some other editing program) but it was most likely created using the built-in drop shadow features of GIMP.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.