Re: [Gimp-user] tips on working with gigantic files?

Just out of curiosity, why such a huge file? What do you intend to do with the finished product if you could get your computer to work (if you don't mind me asking)?

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Casey Connor
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 6:01 PM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] tips on working with gigantic files?

Hi -- I'm trying to do some simple work on a 0.5GP image in GIMP 2.9.5
(on Linux). (Image is ~23k by 22k pixels, 16bit RGBA).

I can open it fine, and it currently has two partial-canvas layers that
are cross faded into each other (I'm manually stitching two slices of a
big hugin panorama.)

The RAM is just about maxed -- I have 16GB, and it's enough to do some
simple things to the image but I can't do much else.

etc.